25.1.20 San Diego, CA, USA

WIP: My Brother Portrait

For my Mom's birthday next month, I want to give her a painting as a present. Still working on it, of course, but I am painting a picture of my brother. He passed away in 2018 from a heart attack. I miss him so much.
I am basing this painting off of a picture I took of him some time ago. I still got to tweak the underpainting. For instance, make his head and face bigger, before I actually start it.
But even just doing so little so far has been very therapeutic for me. I've been itching to paint for a long time now and I want to stop making excuses and start doing what makes me happy. Which is just using my hands, getting dirty, and just creating what my heart desires.
Not only do I want to paint just to get my creative juices flowing, I need to create to keep me sane.
So, let's get to work! I only got 3 weeks!! Ahh!

Post a Comment

E! on the Moon. Design by Berenica Designs.